Apr 9, 2007

Notice something different?

Well, somehow the sidebar got corrupted the other day and I lost the code I had for the template so it will be a few days while I rebuild/reconstruct that info. I had made some slight changes to it but I hadn't deleted any code and the blogger people are woefully neglectful when it comes to anyone who refuses to upgrade (or in general which can hardly be surprising since the whole thing is free).

I had been thinking about changing the look of the blog anyway so maybe it was something which happened for a reason if only to prompt me in that direction.

2 comments:

Elayne said...

It's never a bad idea to back up a Blogger template once a month or so. I learned my lesson when the old Blogger kept corrupting my template; hasn't happened yet to me with new Blogger but you never know!

PJ said...

You are so correct and after you wrote this I took the steps to do just that. I thought I had had the code for the template lying around here somewhere but I think it’s on the laptop which I haven’t used in some time (a story for another day).

Consequently I was forced to do the upgrade as well in the last week (to the new version). It’s just another excuse to get off my ass, learn to code and finally get about setting up my own websites.

I may even wind up going over to wordpress after this debacle.